The D-Link DGE-528T gigabit lan card is a gigabit lan card that is easily found in the market at an affordable price. Unfortunately VMware ESXi 5 doesn’t recognize it by default. For that we have to install the driver manually. Here are the steps.
- Download drivers D-Link DGE-528T for VMware. Extract and upload the VIB file to your VMware ESXi 5 datastore.
- Please login to your VMware ESXi 5 via a remote tool like putty.
- Next we will change the Image Acceptance level to Community Supported by running the following command:
esxcli software acceptance set –level=CommunitySupported
NOTES: You can also change the Image Acceptance level via the vSphere Client, by selecting Host ESXi 5 then selecting Configuration Tab -> Security Profile.
- Then first check if your VMware ESXi 5 can recognize the D-Link DGE-528T gigabit lan card, with the command:
lspci | grep Net
- Now please go to the datastore folder where you uploaded the VIB file in the first step, sample command:
- run the following command to install the driver:
esxcli software vib install -v /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/DLink-528T-1.x86_64.vib
NOTES: If it appears when running this command, change the system user to root by typing the command
su, then try the above command again.
- Restart VMware with the command:
- And the D-Link DGE-528T gigabit lan card is ready to use on your VMware ESXi 5.