Continued from previous post Install Ubuntu 12.04 Part 1
Installing Ubuntu 12.04
- Click on the shortcut Install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Language selection, I chose English.
- It takes a minimum of 4.4GB of free hard disk space and if you are using a laptop, you should have enough battery or an adapter is installed.
- Choose Something else
- The partition arrangement will be displayed.
Select /dev/sda6 ext4, then click the Change button
- Use as select Ext4 journaling file system
Check Format the partition
Mount point select /
- Click Install Now to continue the installation process, if something goes wrong, click Revert to reset it to its original state.
- Select a time zone by clicking an area on the map, clicking Continue.
- Default English (US) keyboard layout, click Continue
- Enter your name, computer name, login username and password.
- Import document from Windows, check if you want to import
- Installation process
- The installation is complete, a message like the one below will appear.
Click Restart Now
- Unmount the installation media, then press Enter
- The Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 boot options that were previously available are still legible.
- Enter the password to log in.
Click the Ubuntu icon to select the desktop environment whether Ubuntu (Unity) or Ubuntu 2D (Unity 2D).